INDOOR AIR 2018 will feature a robust technical program with fun social events
The conference technical program is driven by the intellectual content of the papers authored by its participants and published in the Proceedings. These papers may be either 2-page Extended Abstracts or 8-page Full Papers.
There will NOT be an initial, short abstract submission stage for INDOOR AIR 2018, but rather the papers themselves are the first submission.
The Extended Abstracts will be reviewed and accepted/rejected by the conference technical committee, while the Full Papers will be single-blind peer-reviewed. Participants can submit their papers to one of ten thematic categories, including:
- Concentrations and exposure
- Sources and emissions
- Chemistry and transformations
- Air cleaning and filtration
- Ventilation and HVAC systems
- Building simulation and CFD
- Microbiology and dampness
- Health effects and epidemiology
- Comfort, productivity, and perception
- Energy, climate change, and policy
After the call for submission has closed, the conference technical committee will organize the accepted papers based on the ten themes into either platform sessions, which typically consist of six 12-minute presentations, or poster sessions.
Also, parallel to the general platform sessions, conference participants have the option of organizing and leading Workshops and Symposia, which are more specific sessions organized around cutting-edge research or meant to probe the answer to a central question of interest. Session proposals are due before the deadline for submitting papers, so participants will have the option of submitting to a partipant-led session, as well as one of the ten thematic tracks.
Timeline for interaction of session proposal and paper submission:
- The call for proposals for Workshops and Symposia is open until November 15, 2017.
- The list of accepted Workshops and Symposia will be posted on the call for Extended Abstracts and Full Papers around December 1, 2017.
- The call for Extended Abstracts and Full Papers is open until January 29, 2018 11:59 PM PST.
In addition to the technical program based on the papers published in the Proceedings, INDOOR AIR 2018 will feature a set of plenary lectures given by distinguished speakers to open the conference each day. We will also continue the tradition started in Ghent and hold the second offering of the ISIAQ Summer School (held before conference on July 21 and 22) for students and post-doc researchers.
Finally, INDOOR AIR 2018 will include social events that highlight Philadelphia while fostering networking and community.